Chi animates all things by infusing it with life.
Chi, or Qi, is often described as the life force of all matter. It is a part of all things in Taoism. Chi is responsible for the function of organs in people and animals. This energy circulates through the entire body by way of the blood. It provides its own form of nutrition to all the cells. Taoists believe that humans ingest chi with the air they breathe, the water they drink and with the food they eat. Once inside the body, it is able to move freely to perform many functions. These functions involve proper operation and performance of the person.
Taoists believe chi is an aura. They believe they can physically see this aura radiating around holy people and those with high degrees of it within them. People here in the West are more skeptical of the existence of chi. However, we are a minority of this skepticism across the world.
The Taoist concept of chi is practiced in Chinese medical centers. But here in the U.S., anywhere acupuncture or acupressure techniques are used, it is founded on these chi principles. These techniques are designed to stimulate chi to help with the body’s healing. This is the case with Chi Energy Galvanic Treatment as well.
Using this principle, the Chi Energy Galvanic Facial Treatment promotes rapid cell metabolism, skin renewal and helps to clear skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The galvanic treatments revitalize the skin by increasing blood circulation, improving muscle tone and firmness, promoting rapid cell metabolism and renewal, and clearing blocked pores. A wide variety of skin problems can be addressed with this system.
What to expect during your Chi Energy Galvanic Facial Treatment:
- Lasts approximately 1 hour.
- Involves the use of mild electric currents
- A specialized pre-treatment gel with a negative charge is applied to clean, dry skin (desincrustation) this helps cleanse the pores.
- After the pre-treatment gel is removed with a damp washcloth, the second gel (iontophoresis), the nutrition step, is positively charged. It is applied to the skin and left on during the use of the instrument.
- The aesthetician uses a galvanic messenger with a chrome base that conducts the galvanic current directly onto the skin.
The facial is fairly painless and may cause some normal muscle twitching. You are able to apply makeup immediately following the treatment in the event of minor redness developing from the treatment. Regular treatments are recommended to maintain results. Dr. Alicia Abeyta offers Chi Energy (Galvanic) facials to help you restore your life force and take years off your appearance.