Dental Bonding with Dr. Abeyta for those minor defects in your pearly whites.
Dr. Abeyta offers tooth reshaping, also called dental contouring or dental bonding to solve these issues.
If you have imperfections or issues like slightly overlapping teeth, irregularly shaped teeth, chips or similar things, Dr. Abeyta might suggest dental bonding.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry technique that removes small amounts of tooth enamel (the outer covering of the tooth) in order to change the shape, length, or surface of one or more teeth. This procedure uses several different processes called tooth reshaping or restructuring as well as bonding.
The process begins with a set of X-rays to ensure that your teeth are healthy. Dr. Abeyta will then mark your teeth where the changes are to be made. The areas are then sculpted to the desired shape.
There are several advantages to choosing this option for fixing imperfections and minor blemishes in your smile:
- This is a relatively inexpensive way to improve the look of your teeth.
- This procedure is generally painless as only the enamel is removed. No anesthesia, and no discomfort.
- Removing imperfections in teeth improves the health of your teeth, as it removes areas where plaque and tartar can build up.
- It is possible to avoid expensive braces if this procedure is able to make your teeth a bit straighter and eliminate minor overlapping.
There are always disadvantages where there are advantages!
- This process only provides minor, subtle changes. Larger issues will require more involved treatment.
- There is a minimal risk of tooth damage. Whenever tooth enamel is removed there is a risk of teeth becoming sensitive. The removal of too much enamel can possibly cause tooth breakage.
Tooth bonding, tooth reshaping, and dental contouring are recommended for people who just need minor adjustments or repairs to improve the look and feel of their teeth. Do not expect this process to be able to help you repair decaying teeth, avoid the necessity of a root canal, or fix unhealthy gums.
Tooth bonding could be an inexpensive first step to creating a better looking you for much less money than other options.