Juvederm Injectable Gel to Fill Aging Lines
Facial lines can be made to look softer and less pronounced with a Juvéderm® Injection which can Reduce the appearance of facial lines Little to no downtime.
Different from Botox® Cosmetic which provides controlled paralysis, Juvéderm® fills lines and creases with gel. Juvéderm® has become quite popular over the past 10 years and Dr. Abeyta, along with Allergan (the makers of the Botox® Cosmetic), feel strongly about the product.
What to Expect during and immediately after your Juvéderm® treatment:
- The filler is injected into the skin to soften creases or folds, support areas of volume loss or contour specific facial areas.
- A local numbing medication may be used to maximize your comfort during the procedure. Most patients report a mild discomfort typically associated with needle injections.
- May experience a mild to moderate amount of stinging or aching sensation post injection.
- Technician will massage the area treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal to moderate amount of redness to your skin.
- Bruising at the site of injection is a commonly reported side effect. To minimize bruising, inform your provider if you use blood thinners such as ibuprofen, aspirin or herbal preparations prior to your procedure.
- Temporary minimal to moderate swelling can be expected, which should dissipate following injection. Some patients report dramatic reduction in swelling hours after their treatment.
- It is normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site for a few days.