Kybella Treatment at the Best Albuquerque Dentist
Kybella treatment at the Best Albuquerque Dentist, an injectable compound used in adults to remove excess fat beneath the chin.
How does Kybella work?
Kybella is a synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring compound in the body that assists in the absorption and breakdown of fat. The synthetic acid, once injected beneath the chin, targets and destroys the fat cells so that they can no longer accumulate or store fat.
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments will vary from person to person. Several treatments might be required to reach your end goal. During clinical trials, individuals who received Kybella treatments showed visible results after two to four treatments.
Does the treatment hurt?
Prior to treatment, the dentist will mark the injection sites and may apply a local anesthetic or ice pack to help with any discomfort or pain. Typically, twenty to thirty injections are administered beneath the chin.
The injections are fairly painless because of the local anesthetic or ice pack. There can be a burning sensation for five to ten minutes after each injection.
Over the next few days to two weeks patients can experience minor bruising, redness, numbness and soreness. The area will swell so have plenty of ice on hand. The swelling can last two to three days. As the swelling subsides, the area around the chin can become firm and almost “lumpy.” Your dentist will go over all care, risks and side effects before the procedure.
Is the treatment right for you?
- Are you self-conscience about your “double chin”?
- Do you feel your “double chin” makes you look older or heavier than you actually are?
- Do you cringe at the thought surgery?
- Do you eat well and exercise regularly and still have a double chin?
- Does your dentist think this a good option for you?
What are the benefits of a Kybella treatment?
- It is a non-surgical procedure.
- The results are permanent. Once the fat cells have been destroyed, they won’t come back.
- Kybella is FDA approved.
- Little to no downtime is required after the treatment.
- Kybella is beautifully customizable.
Want to learn more about Kybella or set up a consultation? Call the office of Dr. Abeyta today at (505)-293-7611.