I read an article that struck me as a very strange facial practice. The question is what would you do for beauty?
For centuries humans have been participating in practices that seem really strange, but it is the name of beauty. We all want to look beautiful and feel beautiful, but at what cost? We shave, get waxed, apply chemicals, sit in mud, peel, undergo surgery, all for the hope of being more beautiful!
The Chocolate Facial:
This one doesn’t seem too bad, all be it unusual, I’d be totally into it 😀
- Epicatechin is the antioxident in chocolate, it is known to reduce signs of aging in the skin
- Cocoa butter is a natural moisturizer
- The smell of chocolate encourages the release of serotonin causing you to feel happy
- Chocolate contains trace amount of iron, potassium and magnesium.
The number one location to receive a chocolate facial is in Hersey, PA. Obviously!
The Wine Facial:
- Improve circulation
- Help to even skin tone and brighten dull skin
- Relieve stress, anxiety and even headaches.
- Wine is usually mixed with a medium such as aloe vera gel
- Type of wine itself is chosen based on skin type
Many wineries have high end hotel/spas nearby that offer wine facial treatments.
You’re probably thinking this should be free.
- Promotes plumpness in skin, reducing wrinkles
- Smooths rough skin
- Hydrates skin immediately
This process involves small, high pressured blasts of medical grade pure oxygen combined with moisturizers at your face. The oxygen improves absorption.
What?? Well, from the perspective of Gemology, different gems bring different energy. Vedic astrology is a complicated study, I found a thorough site if you are interested in getting more information.
The facial is based on your need astrologically… There are nine gems
- Ruby for the Sun,
- Pearl for the Moon,
- Coral for Mars,
- Emerald for Mercury,
- Yellow sapphire for Jupiter,
- Diamond for Venus,
- Blue sapphire for Saturn,
- Hessonite for Rahu (the ascending node of the Moon)
- Cat’s eye for Ketu (the descending node of the Moon)
I don’t know about this one. This is more of a lifestyle, not a quick endeavor.
Okay, here’s the one for people with too much money! This is so Egyptian.
- Reduce the appearance of age spots
- Minimize wrinkles
- Promote firm skin.
- UMO’s version uses Gamma PGA, a soybean-derived hydrating compound, and a special mist delivery system
You can obtain this service at our own Santa Fe, Eldorado Hotel for a mere $500 for a single treatment.
You were probably expecting worms and fungus based strange facials. There are others that are far less glamorous, we’ll get to those next time.
These facial options are extravagant and not necessarily proven to work. Dr. Alicia Abeyta offers classic, highly effective spa services at an upscale, comfortable, professional office in Northeast Albuquerque. Call today for a consultation!